- Healthy Homes (NZ) Ltd uses two laboratories exclusively to carry out our laboratory analysis of samples taken. These labs are:
- R J Hill Laboratories Limited: International Accreditation NZ (IANZ) NZS ISO/IEC 17025 – see www.hill-laboratories.com with testing kits acquired from CHECK4METH.
- Analytica Laboratories: International Accreditation NZ (IANZ) NZS ISO/IEC 17025; Analytica provides methamphetamine sampling kits which are consistent with NIOSH 9111, and is accredited by IANZ to undertake analysis of samples using a method that is consistent with NIOSH 9111.
- Healthy Homes (NZ) Ltd does not warrant the efficacy or accuracy of the Hill Laboratory testing systems, Analytica Laboratory testing systems and testing kits or the recommendations.
- If contamination is discovered then Healthy Homes (NZ) Ltd has a responsibility to notify an appropriate third party.
- Healthy Homes (NZ) Ltd cannot be held liable for contamination that was either not identified during our inspection, or for any contamination that has occurred after our screening process.
- Healthy Homes (NZ) Ltd cannot be held liable for any damage or markings left on the walls as a result of swabbing or the use of the template in the sampling process.
Detection limit is 0.02µg/sample for all analysis methods. This is cumulative if multiple samples are combined and tested together.
Limitations of Samples
There is no one test that can be performed that will guarantee any structure/property 100% free of methamphetamine. Decontamination is also designed to mitigate contamination to below the standard level, NOT to rid a property completely of all traces of methamphetamine.
Additionally, there is no one test that will determine the difference between manufacture or use. Levels will give an indication, but this is not definitive unless evidence is found in or around the property
Healthy Homes (NZ) Ltd carries out sampling using NIOSH 9111 compliant test kits and methods. For more info about our testing methods, please visit either see:
For more detailed information on the sampling methods used by Healthy Homes (NZ) Ltd see:
R J Hill Laboratory Limited
Hill Laboratories have the capability to test for traces of Methamphetamine from suspected contaminated dwellings. The test is carried out on wipe samples according to NIOSH method 9111, and has International Accreditation NZ (IANZ).
Swab samples from the dwelling are taken and sent to the laboratory where they are extracted and analysed using LCMSMS (Liquid Chromatography with Tandem Mass Spectrometry Detection). Results for methamphetamine greater than 0.5µg/100cm² exceed the current New Zealand guideline levels.
Analytica Laboratory Limited
Analytica provides methamphetamine sampling kits which are consistent with NIOSH 9111, and is accredited by IANZ to undertake analysis of samples using a method that is consistent with NIOSH 9111.
NIOSH 9106 uses liquid-liquid extraction and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) to measure multiple drugs. NIOSH 9109 uses solid-phase extraction and GC/MS to measure multiple drugs.
IMPARTIALITY and INDEPENDENCE POLICY STATEMENT
Impartiality and Independence are the foundations for Healthy Homes (NZ) Ltd services. The overall aim of Healthy Homes (NZ) Ltd is to offer our clients, confident trained samplers and to give detailed assessment services to all clients.
The main purpose of this document is to demonstrate the commitment that Healthy Homes (NZ) Ltd, undertake to manage impartiality. This document also describes mechanisms in place to safeguard and promote objectivity, independence, neutrality, fairness, open-mindedness, even-handedness, detachment, balance, freedom from conflict of interests, freedom from bias, and lack of prejudice and manage all its activities with complete freedom from any undue pressure.
Healthy Homes (NZ) Ltd shall be responsible for the impartiality of all its activities and shall not allow commercial, financial or other pressures to compromise impartiality.
Healthy Homes (NZ) Ltd shall identify risks to its impartiality on an ongoing basis and shall review the effect of its activities with regards to impartiality of all work scopes from the receipt of the enquiry through to completion of the planned work scope.
Healthy Homes (NZ) Ltd top management is committed to safeguard and protect impartiality in all activities. The commitment towards impartiality and the impartiality statements are declared publically in the company’s website. Top Management review the activities of Healthy Homes (NZ) Ltd and verifies that no conflicts exist due to any business relationships and is documented as part of the annual management review.
Healthy Homes (NZ) Ltd shall not conduct work scopes or any activities for customers whereby the impartiality or independence or objectivity is threatened. Healthy Homes (NZ) Ltd shall not engage in activities that may conflict its independence of judgement and integrity in relation to activities undertaken.